Melbourne hot list: six tips for keeping your cool
|16/04/2019||Posted by admin under 苏州美甲美睫培训学校||
We know, we know – drink plenty of water, stay indoors during the hottest part of the day, wear natural fabrics. But it’s still hot enough to fry an egg on your stomach. Here are a few tips to beat the heat that you might not have tried:
– Keep a spray bottle of water in the fridge and give yourself a squirt whenever necessary for a refreshing cool-down. Add cucumber or lavender and mint for self-righteous DIY goodness. Medicinenet also recommends keeping facial toners and lotions cold for a cooling boost.
– Freeze your sheets. Yes, you might have to eat all the icy poles to fit them in the freezer, but it might give you enough relief to drift off into a fitful, heat-bothered sleep. Greatist also recommends some reverse hot-water bottle action. Grab said bottle, fill with water and freeze to produce an all-night ice pack. Genius!
– Keep wet. You’ll be surprised how effective simply dipping your feet in a bowl of water can be. Keep it next to your bed for occasional dips during the night. Add ice cubes for extra satisfaction.
– Frozen paint cubes will keep the kids occupied (and cool). There are many recipes on the internet, all of varying potential for permanent stains, but the general gist is take paint or food colouring, add water and an icy pole stick, then freeze. If the prospect of rainbow walls doesn’t please you, give the kids a bucket of water and a paint brush and find some cement in the shade. Classic.
– Eat small meals, often. Drink herbal teas (caffeine in normal tea and coffee is dehydrating) and stay off the booze. According to NPR, the hot tea theory works in a similar way to the spicy food theory. That is, if your brain thinks it’s overheating (via hot water or chilli), it will start sweating, thus activating your body’s natural cooling system.
– Stuck in the city, stricken by heat? City of Melbourne has done the thinking for you with a city-wide map of cool places. Walk slowly to your nearest air-conditioned shelter. Use the Melbourne CBD drinking fountain map if you need rehydrating on the way.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.