Police investigate after children approached – Coffs Harbour
|16/04/2019||Posted by admin under 苏州美甲美睫培训学校||
Police are investigating after two boys were approached by a man in Coffs Harbour yesterday.
About 5.30pm (Sunday 8 February 2015), two boys, aged 10 years, were standing with pushbikes outside a school on Robin Street when a van approached them.
Police have been told a man in the van spoke to the boys from the vehicle, asking them to come over to him.
The boys rode their bikes towards Moreton Bay Drive, and police were alerted of the incident.
Officers attached to Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command have commenced investigations and would like to speak to a man who may be able to assist them with their inquiries.
He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, in his late 40s, of slim build, with short hair and a grey long beard. The man was seen wearing a Hawaiian shirt.
The van in the incident is described as an older-model Toyota van, with yellow registration plates, with no side-windows and a faded sticker on one of the sides of the van. Balloons and other children’s toys were seen through the back windows.
Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page:https://nsw.crimestoppers苏州美甲美睫培训学校.au/Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Meanwhile, the incident has again prompted police to encourage parents to discuss the ‘Safe People, Safe Places’ messages with their children, including;
– Make sure your parents or another adult you know knows where you are at all times.
– Always walk straight home or to the place you are walking to. Walk near busier roads and streets, or use paths where there are lots of other people.
– Know where safe places are – a shop, service station, police station, library or school. If you are ever frightened, you should go to one of these places and ask them to call the police.
– Learn about safe adults you can look for and talk to if you need help – police officers, teachers at school, adults you know and trust.
– Don’t talk to people you don’t know and never get into a car with someone you don’t know. If a car stops on the side of the road and you don’t know the person inside, do not stop.
– If you are scared and can use a phone, call 000 and tell them you are scared.
– If someone tries to grab you, yell out, ‘Go away, I don’t know you’. This lets other people know you have been approached by someone you don’t know.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.